Sunday, June 21, 2009

Not Your Average Daddy


Happy Father's Day!

I thought this would be a perfect time to pause and really think about how amazing Bob is as a father to Cody and Nathan. Really, he is incredible. Before we married, I knew he would be great with older kids (he was a Young Life volunteer and worked with some tough kids in SF for 6 years), but I never could have imagined how great he would be with our young little guys.

No matter what kind of day he has, he digs down deep and finds the energy to give our boys whatever he can - and that's a lot more than a lot of dads out there. He dives right into Cody's world and does whatever he wants to do. I'm amazed that even after a really hard day, he makes it a priority to play with Cody with great abandon, help put both boys to bed, help around the house and then, usually, put me to bed as well.

I often hear about the frustrations other women have with their husbands, but often just keep quiet. I don't want brag that I married a man who actively parcipates in the lives of his wife and children.

But today is not the day to be quiet. I want to yell to the world that Bob is NOT YOUR AVERAGE DADDY. He's an amazing father and husband. I am so blessed.

-Danielle

2 comments: