Thursday, May 28, 2009

More Smiles

For quite a while Nate's smiles have been sporadic at best. Now they are finally beginning to come pretty regularly and we are finding we don't have to make complete fools of ourselves to get them. He gives us full face grins which are so great! We're finding he really loves dancing - smiles come quickly when we turn up the tunes and dance around the kitchen with him.




Many have asked how Nate is doing. It's such a hard question to answer. I do have checklists and lists that give ranges of when to expect certain milestones, but how do I really evaluate how he's doing? Well, this is what I know....he is responding very well to his exercises. His upper body strength is definitely improving and he's tolerating tummy time for longer periods each day. I counted to 34 seconds today as he held his head up in tummy time. He is also rolling from his back to stomach very easily. He continues to sleep well at night and not so well during the day. We still don't trust his hearing tests and will go back again for another test next month. He just doesn't respond to us like we would expect - we think he likely has hearing loss for higher tones - we notice he responds much better to Bob's voice than mine.

So, how is he doing? I think pretty well! He's making progress and that feels good!

-Danielle

4 comments:

  1. What a cutie pie! Sounds like Nate is doing fabulous ;)

    And just remember...when people ask "how is Nate doing?" if he is smiling, laughing, and enjoying being a baby, he is doing GREAT! And let me say...by looking at those pics, Nate is doing fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer gave me your link. Your little guy is adorable. Like Sheree said, he sounds like he's doing great. I'll bet he's going to surprise you this year in some very profound ways. I've read it on countless blogs and experienced it myself firsthand with John Michael. The HOlland poem is great, isn't it. I look forward to meeting you at the Convention. In the meantime, you can take a peek at John Michael (a local buddy of Joaquin's) at www.monicacrumley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer FossattiJune 4, 2009 at 1:07 PM

    What a sweet little smile he has. I also love the picture of Bob and Nate. Adorable. Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete